Monday, May 31

How To Cure Candida - Week 6

I think that we may finally be seeing a bit of a pattern here....

While we have still been largely sticking to the diet I have been a bit curious as to why I have been able to cheat occasionally with many different foods without noticing any immediate reaction. There was only the cheesecake at Mom's in that first couple of weeks which really sent my heart rate through the roof that has been an instantly noticeable difference.

I have added more yogurt, more cottage cheese, more whole grains, more potatoes, tomatoes..... just to try and get some discernible reaction from any food group and nothing.... nada.

I guess I had just decided that there was so much mental fog and fatigue going on normally that I probably wouldn't notice much of a reaction if I did have one! So on we battle.

Except I think that I may have found a link between my sugar intake and my leg spasms.

It is only a theory at the moment - but when I go back through my diary, the last two episodes of spasms have happened after a sugar rush - remember the cheesecake? That night was the start of a 4 night episode.

And then Phil and I went out for dinner on Friday - and we really weren't too naughty - except for the 2 bourbon and cokes before dinner and the hot chocolate at the end of the night.

That night was the worst bought of spasms that I have ever had - I ended up taking 60mg of Baclofen during night and it was barely touching the pain.

It has taken another couple of nights to settle down.

Now, there may be a direct link between them, there may not - you'd understand my reluctance to eat a cup of sugar to get a definitive link - but maybe in a week or two I'll try having something slightly sweet again - just to test it.

The other interesting thing is that my cystic acne has started returning and the only thing that I can put that down to is the increased amount of yogurt that I am eating - so I'll knock that back and see how we go there too!

We haven't done the liver flush yet - gathering the courage for this Friday night - will let you know how we get on!

See ya

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment