Monday, May 31

The How to Cure Candida Experiment - Diagnosis?

We are finally on the right track!

YAY!

.... Ok, let's back up a bit.

(See my first post for my symptoms)

My regular neurologist has me down as suffering from BCS or benign cramping syndrome - which didn't go anywhere near explaining everything else that goes on - and meant that he was able to pop me in the 'completed' file and just prescribe stronger and stronger drugs without worrying whether they were actually working or not.

After two years of dealing with this attitude 2 weeks ago I found another neurologist who was fantastic, absolutely 'got' what I was on about and came to the conclusion within 5 minutes that this was not just a BCS, but something that affected my whole central nervous system. It could be viral, metabolic or something else - they just didn't know at this stage.

He even went and got his radiologist to re-check my MRI's for lesions. Awesome service!

So definitely not MS (whew) but something similar, which puts me into the "we don't know, but we do acknowledge that there is something wrong" category called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS).

That's OK - at least we are finally on the right path.....

No comments:

Post a Comment