Thursday, April 29

How To Cure Candida Update

So, we've started into week 2 already - wow!
The first week was actually way easier than I thought......When I first looked at all the foods that we couldn't eat my head span for a while. But we got it sorted and are well into the swing of it!

But this week we are into the fiber shakes and anti-fungals, I'll tell you more about that in my regular post but I thought that I'd give a shout out to hubby Phil and share a story.....

You may, or may not, know that hubby Phil is also doing this with me.
His Candida spit test was fairly marginal so he thought that he would do the shorter version - ie 2 weeks on stage one of the diet etc etc.


Now Phil is a blue collar worker - he works in a quarry and drives really big machines - we joke that he gets to play in his sandpit all day! Anyway the poor man has been going to work with his left over stir fry or salad, an egg and little container of nuts and seeds for the last week. Instead of hoeing into the usual mug or two of coffee he quietly sips his water.

Apart from the casual joke his workmates have been fine. Bless 'em!

But poor Phil did come home the other day and head straight for the rice crackers because ... wait for it .... someone at work had had a birthday shout and there were sausage rolls, chocolate cupcakes and chippies galore.
Do you know what the long suffering dear did?

Nothing.

Nope, not a darned thing. He sat at the smoko table with his egg and anti-fungal tea and watch the others scoff the lot! Now I know what you are thinking and you are dead wrong. You and I would probably have at least sneaked a cupcake or something right and maybe just kept quiet.

But not Phil. He has two qualities that are remarkably good at times and remarkably frustrating at times;
1) He has a bucket-load of pride and stubbornness - even if he wanted to he would not have forgiven himself!
2) He doesn't know how to lie even remotely convincingly!

Then to top it off, he came home and announced that he would be doing the 4 weeks of stage one with me!

What a gem!

See ya

No comments:

Post a Comment