Tuesday, April 27

The How To Cure Candida Experiment - Week 1

Yay!

It's the end of week one so we can both give ourselves a bit of a pat on the back I think!

One week of no sugar, carbos, yeast blah blah, as a bread addict I never thought I'd say that!

The kids have stopped asking 'why Mummy and Daddy having that?' as we sit down with our chicken salad (again) while they are eating their lasagna and both Phil and I have fought hard against even licking the spoon after dishing up their sweetened fruit yogurt and bananas for dessert.

We have pretty much kept to the diet that was in the last post - except for Friday night when a couple of friends surprised us with fish and chips for dinner as a thank you for looking after their kids!

Whatayado? - Really did we mention that we were not going to lose friends over this? Of course we ate them. If one meal consisting of high fat, high carbo (but oh so yummy) greasies is going to completely restock the fungus then bring it on!

Besides it could have been worse - we could have had icecream as well!

I have read posts elsewhere that suggest that maybe we should be starting all over everytime that we eat something 'illegal'. I disagree and figure that an indiscretion here and there over the course of 4 weeks won't impact one bit - and if we have to go for another day or two, then so be it!

The lovely girl that helps me to look after my kids made chocolate chip cookies with them yesterday - and I think that I am getting used to this because I was quite happy to enjoy the smell, knowing that they really wouldn't taste as good as I imagined - a bit like KFC.
(Isn't it funny the mind games we play on ourselves?)

As for Candida Die Off symptoms?
This is going to sound weird or like I'm some sort of hypochondriac, but I am struggling to notice any that shine through my normal 'discomforts'. I have had a nagging headache for a day and my glands have come up but at least the salty taste has gone! phew!

On the other hand Phil has a full on snot issue at the moment - not really a cold, just snotty and headachy.

We are both a whole heap more tired than usual too - even House couldn't keep us awake - now that has got to be on the top of the list for inconvenient die off symptoms!

On a good note; In one week I have lost 2kg and Phil has lost 1.5kg
(I think that is about 4.5lb and 3.4lb)

Next week we get to start the Ant-fungal stuff and fiber shake.....

See ya

No comments:

Post a Comment